Good Food, Clean Cooking, My Life







Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm baaaack!

It's always good to leave home and go back "home", but it's also good to be back home.  The one thing about going back "home", especially to where I am from, is the great food!  The really good, bad food.  I rarely eat red meat and I had a chicken fried steak, two bacon cheeseburgers (not at the same time or same day), and my grandmother made a roast.  I did not feel well at all eating all of that, but it was good.  There was loads of Mexican food and some good Japanese food.  Catching up with friends and family over good food really can put on the pounds.  I think I gained..... drum roll please.... about 5-7 pounds.  Ugh and I can feel it, too.  I  can't get my rings on my finger!  First time ever!  I'm sure a lot of it is the sodium content and fat that I normally do not cook with and there was also more sitting around than usual.  But... it was fun!  I had a wonderful time visiting with my grandmother, great aunt and great uncle, my in-laws drove in from New Mexico to see us for a few days and I had a really good visit with my ex-mother-in-law and sister-in-law that I hadn't seen in so long!  Yes, for all of those wondering I have a wonderful relationship with my "ex" family... it is possible!  So, overall, despite eating poorly and packing on the pounds this past week it was a wonderful week away!

The countdown has begun and my husband will be home on Thursday!!!  It's almost too hard to believe!  Tomorrow I will sit down and write out menus and go grocery shopping.  It will be so nice to cook for the hubster again!

So, that is the update and I will be posting some new articles and recipes in the next few days!

3 comments:

Mama said...

I missed you! Happy Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

Yay! Yay! and Yay! Excellent news....finally some normalcy for you guys.

Toni @ Imperfect Pregnancy said...

Welcome back! :)