Good Food, Clean Cooking, My Life







Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chicken Fajita Tacos

I really don't care for meat all that much, but I guess the one meat that I don't mind every once in a while boneless, skinless, chicken breast.  One of my favorite ways to eat chicken is in the form of chicken fajitas.  I love tender strips of chicken, scrumptiously seasoned and cooked perfectly.  For this meal I took the same idea and turned them into tacos (with crunchy corn tortillas) instead of fajitas (with soft flour tortillas and onions and bell peppers).

You will need:
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Seasoning Salt  <---Here is a recipe for mine w/out MSG.
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
2 large chicken breasts
I cut each breast in half, length wise and then I cut them into strips.

Combine all of the marinade for the chicken and then mix everything together.  Let sit in a bowl for 15-20 minutes at room temperature.

In a skillet or saute' pan (I am using a cast iron fajita pan.) melt 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat.

Once the butter is melted add your strips of chicken.  Be careful not to over fill your pan.

After a few minutes flip the chicken to continue cooking the other side.  Look at all of those yummy bits of seasoning.

You might want to turn your vent on over your stove, it can become smokey, but that's a good thing!

This is what you want.  You want it to be caramelized with all of those tasty seasonings.

It is imperative to make your own taco shells!  They are too good and too easy to pass up.  Fill with your chicken and whatever else you'd like... lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, salsa, sour cream, extra lime... I think you get the idea.

For a how-to on making your own taco shells click here --->Homemade Taco Shells

5 comments:

Toni @ Imperfect Pregnancy said...

Yummy! We finally have some boneless skinless chicken breasts and I am looking forward to making this soon!

Mama said...

Oh and look, right after I leave a comment I find this recipe...which is gluten free! That is why I love you.

Moi said...

Toni, I hope you like them, you'll have to let me know.

Sadie, I'm here for you. :) Seriously, though, I did create a Gluten Free tab and will work on that when we get back in town.

Mama said...

:) Thank you! I will miss you, and your blog.

Moi said...

Awww, you're sweet, thanks! I'll miss you, too, but hey, my blog will still be here! :)