Good Food, Clean Cooking, My Life







Monday, April 12, 2010

Reading Cookbooks

Cooking has truly become a hobby of mine.  It calms me down after a stressful day, it gives me something to do with my hands, it makes me happy and most of all it makes other people happy.  I would love to go to culinary school, however, I am way too picky!  I don't do raw fish or any vegetables that stink once cooked and really anything that could make eye contact with me at the table is a no go.  There are plenty of things that I cook for the hubster that I won't touch with a ten foot pole, but I enjoy cooking those items for him just the same.  So, I will leave it as a hobby and a source of therapy!

Over the years I have collected many cookbooks that I love to look through and gain new ideas or methods and techniques of cooking.  Until I have a larger space to store all of my cookbooks I have them in three different places in my kitchen, all within reach anytime one of them calls my name.  Here's a look!  If you look closely you will see a few themes throughout a lot of the books.


Ok, so I made these pictures obnoxiously large, but that's only so you can read the titles, really, it has nothing to do with me showing off.... honest..... Do YOU have a favorite? 


1 comment:

Heatheralli said...

I like all those Italian cookbooks. That's what my kitchen is missing.