Good Food, Clean Cooking, My Life







Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Well Stocked Pantry~Wine

Wine really enhances the flavor of a lot of dishes.  Even if you do not drink wine, it's always great to have some on hand.  In the past I have normally poured wine into a recipe that we would be drinking from that night.  However, if you do not drink wine, but like to cook with wine there is a solution for you.  Dry wines are better to cook with than the sweeter wines, unless you are of course cooking something for dessert.  My husband has been gone for several months on deployment and he is my red wine drinker (I'm a white wine drinker.).  So, I purchased these tiny bottles of wine at the store to do the deed for my recipes or for those nights that I wanted to enjoy a glass of wine all by myself.  It's $9-$10 for 4 bottles, which to me is a great price, and you won't be wasting any by having to pour some down the drain.  Just please, whatever you do, do not use cooking wine. 

No comments: