Good Food, Clean Cooking, My Life







Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I ate fake food today.

Ok, so really, I do not eat clean 100% of the time... not even close, but I am trying and everyday is better.  However... today I had a little rebellion to eating clean.  I really wanted to make some homemade chex mix and since we had an unopened box of chex cereal leftover from company I thought hmmmmm..... "chex mix sure sounds like a yummy.... LUNCH!".  Nope, it wasn't even for a small snack it ended up being lunch.  Boy, was it good!!!  Then I thought to my not-so-brilliant self, "ohhhh, a nice cherry limeade from around the corner would be a great way to wash this down!".    Yes, the cherry limeade was tasty.... very tasty....and then..... my body went into shock and proceeded to protest everything that I just put into it.  Ugh... I was sick for hours, yes hours!  Can you imagine what we are doing to our bodies when we put processed foods in our bodies every meal, every day?  My body has quit yelling at me, but it definitely wanted to teach me a lesson!

2 comments:

Toni @ Imperfect Pregnancy said...

It's kind of a scary revelation. I know when I started eating healthier I felt much better. Then I'd sneak in some junk and feel awful. Makes ya wonder, "Did I just feel awful all the time and just never know it?"

We all mess up sometimes. Glad you learned the lesson. :)

Moi said...

Thanks, Toni! I felt bad and knew it and there are a lot of peeps out there that feel bad and "don't know why".