Good Food, Clean Cooking, My Life







Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Well Stocked.... Bowl

Alright, so you don't have to keep these items in a bowl, but for the most part I do so that they are handy and I can see at a glance when I am getting low.  I usually have on hand, yellow onions, red onions, shallots, garlic (Of course!!), some sort of squash (Here I have an acorn squash, but sometimes I have spaghetti squash or butternut squash in my bowl... zucchini is usually in the refrigerator.), different types of tomatoes (Never refrigerate tomatoes!), sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, lemons and limes (I do normally refrigerate the lemons and limes unless I am using them the day I bring them home from the store).  So, there you go, there are many, many recipes that call for these simple ingredients and are really easy to keep on hand.

No comments: