Good Food, Clean Cooking, My Life







Sunday, April 11, 2010

Peanut Butter Candy


I was skeptical as I am with most "sweets" in health food books, but thought I'd give it a try. I am really glad that I did. This is really good and filling. I had two of these little squares mid-morning and I had to force myself to eat some lunch around 1:00 and I didn't even eat it all, just wasn't hungry. This is a filling treat. (The plate above is a saucer for a coffee cup if that helps you with the size of the candy.)


1 cup natural peanut butter (I like Skippy's Natural creamy peanut butter, because it you don't have to stir it and it doesn't have to be refrigerated.)
1/2 cup honey (may use 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
3 Tablespoons toasted wheat germ (For those that can not have gluten you may omit the wheat germ.)

Mix ingredients. Press into butter dish (I used an 8X8 pan.), chill and cut into cubes. This mixture can be rolled, chilled and sliced. This is also good with crispy brown rice cereal.

No comments: